Our most popular large house
8'3" long x 5'4" deep x 5' tall (main house excluding nest boxes)
(251cm long x 162cm deep x 152cm tall)
10' long x 6'6" deep x 5' tall (overall including nest boxes & skids)
The Classic 50 Midi poultry house is ideal for the mid scale free-range chicken keeper or those who would like an extra large inside space for their hens.
Designed to ensure it is moveable by tractor or 4 x4.
• a full height door
• 2 popholes one vertical set in the door, the other horzontal set in the rear wall
• 2 outside access nest boxes
• 3 full width perches, raked upwards towards the back
• draw-out droppings board.
• large area fixed louvered ventilation panel
• timber skids with towing points
Suitable for keeping up to 50 chickens*.
Vertical sliding variable ventilation panel can be added as an optional extra (as shown in middle picture)
Standard plywood floor & droppings board can be upgraded to plastic coated structural ply as a optional extra
Steel towing kit that consists of a solid steel bar, bushes and R clips, that fits through the towing points on the skids, can be supplied as an optional extra.
The Chicken Guard Extreme Automatic Door Opener can be added as an optional extra which will be pre fitted to your coop.
Walk In Runs
The midi house can be supplied with an optional range of fully covered walk in runs. The last two photos show an 8ft (2.44m) long run attached. Also available is a 12ft and 16ft long run. The runs are a little under 6ft tall at their highest point. When a midi poultry house is supplied with a run, the rear pop hole is moved to the end of the midi house so it opens into the run.
* The suitability figure quoted is for guidance only and depends on legislation in force at the time of purchase, chosen production method and other factors relating to the intended use. If in doubt about suitability for your particular situation, always consult with your local APHA office. Suitability figure quoted applies to the house only. Adding a walk-in run will reduce the maxumum suitability number.