Our most popular large house
8' x 5' x 4'6"
(244 x 152 x 137cm)
The Classic 50 Midi poultry house is ideal for the mid scale free-range chicken keeper.
Designed to ensure it is moveable by tractor or 4 x4.
• a full height door
• 2 popholes one vertical set in the door, the other horzontal set in the rear wall
• 2 outside access nest boxes
• 3 full width perches, raked upwards towards the back
• draw-out droppings board.
• large area fixed louvered ventilation panel
• timber skids with towing points
Suitable for keeping up to 50 chickens*.
Vertical sliding variable ventilation panel can be added as an optional extra (as shown in middle picture)
Standard plywood floor & droppings board can be upgraded to plastic coated structural ply as a optional extra
Steel towing kit that consists of a solid steel bar, bushes and R clips, that fits through the towing points on the skids, can be supplied as an optional extra.
The Chicken Guard Premium Automatic Door Opener can be added as an optional extra which will be pre fitted to your coop.
* The suitability figure quoted is for guidance only and depends on legislation in force at the time of purchase, chosen production method and other factors relating to the intended use. If in doubt about suitability for your particular situation, always consult with your local APHA office.
About our Houses
We have a unique range of poultry housing developed through nearly 35 years of experience. All are made in high quality materials and to precise specifications which we have found to provide the most convenient, comfortable and vermin-proof accommodation possible. All designs take careful consideration of :
• The internal positioning of perches, popholes, droppings boards and nest boxes.
• Accessibility, both for you and the chickens.
• Ventilation without draughts
• Weather proofing and stability in windy conditions.
• Weight and manoeuvrability.
• Vermin control.
• Aesthetic appearance.
Many sizes and configurations of poultry housing are available and we are able to incorporate bespoke customer requirements in some models.
Most are produced with Onduline roofing sheeting. This is a washable, light-weight, hard-wearing bitumen board.
Delivery and Assembly
The delivery prices quoted above include delivery and full assembly of the house in your garden. So you will get the house of your choice delivered and errected exactly where you want it, all within the delivery price quoted above. This means you won't have to lift heavy weights in and out of your car and you certainly won't have to struggle with self assembly flat pack instructions!!!
You won't get that kind of service from the national pet shop chains!
If you would like to collect your chicken house in your own vehicle please select "collection in person" above. We hold many of the houses in stock, and lots will fit in the back of a family car, fully assembled or flat packed.
If you would like two or more houses delivered to you at the same time, then you only pay one delivery charge. (Please select a delivery county for the first house then press "add to basket". Now select "collection in person" for the second & subsequent houses).
Select your delivery county above before clicking "Add to basket"